The breakfast meal in morning is primordial to children, and unfortunately too often neglected or absent. When our children get up in the morning their bodies need a refuel of energy, so they can be in shape all day.
A good breakfast is essential, in particular to avoid the 10-11 am relapse causing fatigue, difficulty concentrating.
Why do we skip breakfast ?
Well the most of the time, the reasons that make children skip breakfast are almost all the same in the whole world:
- Luck of time
- Loss of appetite
- Sometimes it’s the parents fault too; some parents neglected their children breakfast.
What to eat at breakfast ?!!
- Cereals and derivatives group for the energy required to noon: bread, crackers, and cereals.
- Pastries and biscuits are both very fat and sugar. They are advising occasionally for fun.
- A knob of butter (fat) provides flavor and vitamin A.
- A reasonable amount of sweet jam, honey can also be added to the bread.
- A source of calcium must be present for proper bone growth. We will have to table a dairy product: milk, yogurt, cheese.
- It should also rehydrate the body with a drink, hot or cold.
Finally, it is important to take plenty of vitamins C and simple sugars with fruit or natural fruit juice (100% fruit).