Healthy eating and physical activity help children grow, learn, and develop strong muscles and bones. As a parent or caregiver, you can give them an example by having a positive attitude and a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy food choices and regular physical activity can help children have a healthy weight and prevent health problems.
The benefits of eating well
Eat a bit of everything reasonably. Four meals a day, sitting in a quiet family as soon as possible.
- Five servings of fruits or vegetables per day.
- A few starchy with every meal.
- Meat or fish once a day (no more).
- Milk or a milk product three times a day.
- Breakfast with a cereal product, a dairy, and fresh fruit
- One sample per day: that of the afternoon (limited in time and quantity).
- No snacking in between meals
Activities to promote a healthy lifestyle among children
Children of all ages benefit from the physical activity they do daily. Activities such as :
- Climbing stairs
Help them stay in shape, have fun, make them happy, and improve their self-confidence and ability to learn and pay attention.
To promote health, youth aged 5 to 17 years should do every day at least 60 minutes of physical activity of moderate intensity high. This should include the following:
- High-intensity activities at least three days a week.
- Exercise at least three days a week to strengthen muscles and bones.
- Indulging in more physical activity every day leads to more health benefits.
Your child needs you.
As a parent, it is your responsibility to move your children. A good trick is to give them a good
example. If your children see you prioritize physical activity, they will take note. Research
shows that active parents have active children. Same thing for the food!!