Yes you work with computers, and you have dinner around 8pm and at 1am you feel very hungry, you don’t want to eat junk food and spoil health, but you still want to taste. Ideally you want to feel like eating wafers or potato chips, but you don’t mind a banana or apple.
It’s crazy !
Great for late night cravings
- Celery and almond butter OR dark chocolate (85%+) and peanut butter. The ingredients can also help you to fall asleep easier.
- Proteins and fats will help put you to sleep.
- Cheese and almonds are good choices.
- Try some almonds or pistachios. They are a good source of protein but lower in fat than other nuts…
- Sugar-free Jello is always a good late-night snack. It tastes good with minimal guilt.
- Alternatively: a fistful of mixed nuts with some water is a good choice as well.
- You can also opt for some low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese.
You cannot eat what ever you think. At late night body tends to start the digestion process and if you cant control your cravings, you can have a light food. Foods like fruits, nuts can be great to consume during these periods. Don’t end up having a heavy meal. this can affect the digestion process. These light foods not only helps to control the cravings but also benefits in creating satiety in the stomach which aids in feeling fuller in a smaller span of little consumption.
Regardless of what you eat (if you eat), drink a whole glass of water at night. That alone should go a long way to keep you feeling full and just generally hydrated, which is always a good thing.
Slow releasing proteins are great like cottage cheese (Don’t go with low fat as they add in extra sugars) and quark with nut butter. Oats, water and cinnamon (to blunt insulin) is also great if you’re training am, however, this one will depend on your carb intake during the day and goal.
When ever you feel hungry, wash some carrots an cut the tomatoes in half. In a mixing bowl, put both of them, add salt to taste, and a little bit, a pinch I would say, of red pepper. Mix every thing WITH HANDS. Lo and behold you have a low calorie, healthy, late night snack.